A very simple 3-ingredient basic butter cookie.
|Equals 2 sticks or 1 block
|AP flour will do just fine
|Castor Sugar 细砂糖
|Amount as you prefer
|Optional, amount as you prefer
- Soften butter
- Mix everything well into dough, keep mixture cool in the process
- Shape into cookies
- Bake at 180℃/150℃ with fan, for 12~15 minutes.
- Less flour means softer crunchier cookies. I usually use 2-to-1 flour to butter weight ratio for firmer cookies (as shown in photo).
- To shape the cookies you can roll the dough into sheets and cut with a cookie cutter. Or shape into sticks or cylinders, refrigerate until firm, and cut into slices with knife.
- Cookies will expand during baking, so leave some space between each one
- Any unused dough can be frozen, up to several months.
- Grind sugar into a powder with a coffee grinder will make it very easy to be mixed.
- Adjust temperature and time according to your oven and your preference.
My 3D-printed simple cookie dough mold with draft angle for easy release. Use with plastic wrap to form dough into sticks for knife cutting.