A very high gain (80db or x10000) differential AC signal amplifier (LNA, pre-amplifier, noise amplifier, etc.) board based on EEVBlog community design.
Board is a 100x100mm 4-layer PCB which falls into the cheap sample tier at JLCPCB or PCBWay.
- Gain: 80db nominal
- Bandwidth: <= 1MHz
- Power: +-18 to 35VDC, unregulated
- Connector: SMA for signal input and output, 2.54mm THT pads for power input.
Test was done with a 1M to 100R resistor divider in front of the input. Signal was a single-ended sine wave, so one of the input is shorted to ground. Channel 3 shows original signal before resistor divider. Channel 1 shows amplified output.
Noise is about 20mVRMS on the output with input shorted to ground, so about 2uVRMS equivalent input noise.
- Use high quality electrolytic capacitors
- Keep away from transformers and other magnetic interference
- You can replace op-amps with other models that you have or like
- Avoid ground loop when using
- Ground one input if using single-ended